Friday, July 28, 2006

Change is in the air

A couple things going on. Last night Chris and I visited a new tennis facility being built nearby. It's got the only clay (har-tru) courts that I know of in Cape Coral. We discovered that they're going to have a full-service health club in addition to the tennis courts. They'll have 2 indoor racquetball courts, a full set of free weights and cardio, organized fitness classes, and personal training and massage. The drawback of all these services is, of course, the cost. They want $100 for one and $190 for two. That's per month, and requires a 12-month minimum commitment. For us, though, the huge upside is we'll have a reason to get out of the house. So, we signed up. We'll be visiting sports authority today to get Chris some tennis shoes, and get some new grips for the racquets and some new balls. I'm apprehensive because we have a long history of buying stuff and not using it. I am excited, though, because I might actually get into tennis again. That would be great for me. We might actually meet some new friends, too. What a concept. The second thing is we're selling our motorcycles. We put them on cycletrader.com yesterday, and got a call on mine today. The guy is coming by in about 10 minutes to buy it. I'm very sad to see it go because I put a lot of effort into finding it, and it's a great bike, but I never use it. I mean never. It's always too hot outside, or raining, or too cold, or I just don't feel like it. Hopefully I won't miss it and buy another motorocycle. If I do get another one, however, it'll be a Yamaha Radian or another classic-standard-style bike. Kawasaki makes one that's nice. I think I'm all about the shopping and not much about the using.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home