Saturday, September 30, 2006

Saturday Sweetness

Today started early on the tennis court. Chris played his first real match today, and he did great. Up until today, we'd only just hit the ball around. Chris teaches part-time at a local community college, and he had to spend some time preparing his classwork. So after tennis he worked on that and I went shopping. I love bookstores, and Chris is luke warm on them, so I hit a couple used bookstores and also hit Barnes & Noble. I spent like 2 hours browsing through the bargain book section. Found a nice book on massage. After I got back from shopping, we went out for Indian food. My brother introduced us to an awesome Indian restaurant a while back. It's called "Indian Palace," something nice and generic, but the food is awesome. And what's dinner without dessert? We just got back from Cold Stone Creamery. Great place. Chris had coffee ice cream with Nestle Crunch in a chocolate-covered dish-cone. I had chocolate ice cream with double-Heath crunch in a cup. We tipped them a buck, but they sang only for like 5 seconds. The last time we went to Cold Stone, they sang for 20 or 30 seconds for only a quarter tip. We felt cheated. Day-in-the-life of us. Dull but true.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mikey said...

hmmmm...massage, HNT...my mind is working overtime!!! Glad you guys had a good day even though you felt cheated

10/01/2006 12:01:00 AM  
Blogger Spider said...

Doen't sound dull at all - time spent in the bookstore, a nice dinner and desert with your man - in my book it doesn't get any better than that!

10/01/2006 08:42:00 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

You tip them and they SING? How very odd. I wonder if I could start that at the library. I would sing for a tip. Then they would have to tip me again to make me stop! Glad you got to go to the bookstore, as you know, I LOVE them. Sounds like a really fun day!

10/01/2006 09:58:00 AM  
Blogger Timmy said...

no one sings for me anymore either.

10/02/2006 12:57:00 PM  
Blogger ryan charisma said...

I'd pay them not to sing.

I pay Beyonce for that.

10/02/2006 12:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home