Monday, October 02, 2006

Am I crazy?

This has been going around the blogosphere, so I figured I'd try it out. Like a horoscope, parts of it are accurate and parts are not. One cool thing is that this shows me some things about myself I want to change. For example: Accurate: * Often you exhibit a readiness to challenge authority, convention, and traditional values. * You often need privacy and time for yourself. Inaccurate: * Mostly your emotions are on an even keel and you do not get depressed easily. * You feel enraged when things do not go your way. Accurate things I want to change: * You experience panic, confusion, and helplessness when under pressure or stress. * Your concern about rejection and ridicule cause you to feel shy and uncomfortable around others. * You find yourself procrastinating and show poor follow-through on tasks. Anyway, according to the test, I'm an "agreeable neurotic." I'm not sure, but isn't that an oxymoron? My Personality
Neuroticism
76
Extraversion
3
Openness To Experience
21
Agreeableness
91
Conscientiousness
18
Test Yourself Compare Yourself View Full Report
Find your soulmate / pysch twin

MySpace Codes, MySpace Surveys and MySpace Layouts by Pulseware Survey Software

Neuroticism Overall Score 76 Anxiety 55 Anger 82 Depression 46 Self-Consciousness 83 Immoderation 48 Vulnerability 92 You are generally calm, although some situations can make you feel anxious or tense. You feel enraged when things do not go your way. You are sensitive about being treated fairly and feel resentful and bitter if you think you are being cheated. Mostly your emotions are on an even keel and you do not get depressed easily. You are sensitive about what others think of you. Your concern about rejection and ridicule cause you to feel shy and uncomfortable around others. You are easily embarrassed and often feel ashamed. Your fears that others will criticize or make fun of you are exaggerated and unrealistic, but your awkwardness and discomfort may make these fears a self-fulfilling prophecy. You often resist any cravings or urges that you have, but sometimes you give in. You experience panic, confusion, and helplessness when under pressure or stress. Extraversion Overall Score 3 Friendliness 37 Gregariousness 8 Assertiveness 1 Activity Level 10 Excitement-Seeking 17 Cheerfulness 27 You generally make friends easily enough although you mostly don't go out of your way to demonstrate positive feelings toward others. You tend to feel overwhelmed by, and therefore actively avoid, large crowds. You often need privacy and time for yourself. You tend not to talk much and prefer to let others control the activities of groups. You lead a leisurely and relaxed life. You would prefer to sit back and smell the roses than indulge in high energy activities. You get overwhelmed by too much noise and commotion and do not like thrill-seeking activities. You are not prone to spells of energetic high spirits. Openness To Experience Overall Score 21 Imagination 1 Artistic Interests 40 Emotionality 65 Adventurousness 19 Intellect 1 Liberalism 87 You prefer facts over fantasy and are more interested in what is happening in the real word. You are reasonably interested in the arts but are not totally absorbed by them. Generally you are not considered to be an emotional person, however you are aware of and in touch with your emotions. You prefer familiar routines and for things to stay the same. You can tend to feel uncomfortable with change. You prefer dealing with either people or things rather than ideas. You regard intellectual exercises as a waste of your time. Often you exhibit a readiness to challenge authority, convention, and traditional values. Sometimes you feel a certain degree of hostility toward rules and perhaps even enjoy ambiguity. Agreeableness Overall Score 91 Trust 61 Morality 72 Altruism 80 Cooperation 93 Modesty 74 Sympathy 90 You mostly assume that people are honest and fair, however you are wary and hold back from trusting people completely. You see no need for pretense or manipulation when dealing with others and are therefore candid, frank and sincere. People find it relatively easy to relate to you. You find helping other people genuinely rewarding and are generally willing to assist those who are in need. You find that doing things for others is a form of self-fulfillment rather than self-sacrifice. You dislike confrontations and are perfectly willing to compromise or to deny your own needs in order to get along with others. You do not like to claim that you are better than other people, and generally shy from talking yourself up. You are tenderhearted and compassionate, feeling the pain of others vicariously and are easily moved to pity. Conscientiousness Overall Score 18 Self-Efficacy 1 Orderliness 80 Dutifulness 28 Achievement-Striving 4 Self-Discipline 17 Cautiousness 56 Often you do not feel effective, and may have a sense that you are not in control of your life. You are well-organized and like to live according to routines and schedules. Often you will keep lists and make plans. You find contracts, rules, and regulations overly confining and are sometimes seen as unreliable or even irresponsible by others. You are content to get by with a minimal amount of work, and might be seen by others as lazy. You find yourself procrastinating and show poor follow-through on tasks. Often you fail to complete tasks - even tasks that you want very much to complete. You are not an overly cautious person. You will think about alternatives and consequences but make up your mind fairly quickly.

8 Comments:

Blogger Doug said...

I am afraid to take this test. There are things I know about myself that I really do not need confirmation on. Like, I know that I am an introvert. And I think I am agreeable though I get frustrated easily. And I am sure I am neurotic. See, even reading your results I can find all the negative things about myself!

10/02/2006 05:07:00 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Hey! I am an agreeable neurotic, too! Though I seem to be more neurotic and less agreeable. I TOLD YOU!

10/02/2006 05:48:00 PM  
Blogger Mikey said...

neuroticism/conscientiousness but mostly neurotic...YEAH!!!

10/02/2006 06:16:00 PM  
Blogger Spider said...

You are a lot more normal than I was when I took it - I was so wacked that even I wouldn't post it!

10/02/2006 07:41:00 PM  
Blogger Timmy said...

those things are fun to look at, but I wouldnt place too much weight on it.

10/03/2006 08:11:00 AM  
Blogger The Persian said...

I'm afraid to take it :)

10/03/2006 09:44:00 AM  
Blogger Lemuel said...

I think the cool part about your post was your evaluation of the evaluation, to clearly assess where you think the results are accurate and inaccurate. I think that it added a whole lot more value to the test.

10/03/2006 11:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is funny... I took it myself and I must say that I'm not too far off the mark. Though I have to agree with Lemuel above about your evaluation evaluation. That, I think, says more about you then the test itself. Love it!

I've always been fond of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and Thomas Killman Personality Test... I'll have to look them up and post them on mine. Might help people understand why I'm such a mess! :) j/k.

*christuttle*

10/03/2006 06:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home