Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Lesson for the day

Recently I had a private tennis lesson, and here's what I learned: I have a limp wrist. Imagine that, a gay man with a limp wrist. Seriously, though, I bend my wrist when I bring my racquet back for both forehand and backhand. Then I flick my wrist the other way when I hit the ball. This leads to inconsistency in my shots. When I firmed up my wrist, my shots got much better. I also let my wrist "collapse" when I volley, which wreaks havoc on my volleys. So, lesson for today: keep a firm wrist. I'm gonna go do some wrist exercises. Hope everyone's holiday weekend was happy.

4 Comments:

Blogger DEREK said...

I've got some wrist exercises for you. :) Just found your blog! I"m really enjoying it!

9/05/2006 06:47:00 PM  
Blogger Timmy said...

two words: wrist brace!

cheers!

9/06/2006 08:58:00 AM  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Doing the spanky wanky should help.

9/06/2006 09:32:00 AM  
Blogger Spider said...

Like tornwordo and Derek, the only wrist exercise I can recommend will only work one wrist at a time - if your brand works both of them you are a better man than I am...

9/06/2006 08:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home