Sunday, October 08, 2006

Humanity is a Cancer

Torn recently defined cancer as "your own cells turning against you." My comment was, "by that definition, humanity is a cancer." Well, here's one of our cancerous cells: One or more people at Ruckus Network Inc. created a fake profile on Facebook.com to dupe people into giving their email addresses so Ruckus could send unsolicited advertising. The rumor is that the profile was created by a "zealous young Ruckus employee, who still works at the company." I can just imagine the glee of upper management over the "initiative" taken by this young up-and-comer. I can hear the self-satisfied chuckles about how lucky this company feels to have such a wonderfully creative person working for them. The rest of the article describes other lengths to which people will go to make a buck. Ugh, I gotta get out of this funk I've been in for the past couple days. I'm oppressed by bad news, sad thoughts, and a feeling of dread.

7 Comments:

Blogger Doug said...

Oh, Doug. I am sorry. I told you to avoid the news! Nothing good can come of it. How is the house thing working? Maybe you need to spend some time in another room! Anyway, I am thinking about you. I hope you feel better soon.

10/08/2006 11:22:00 AM  
Blogger Mikey said...

I see I have been beaten. I was going to suggest another room or maybe the back garden. I have been in a funk lately too. I think I stopped it today

10/08/2006 01:06:00 PM  
Blogger Spider said...

Hey - the funk will be broken when you get to Orlando! Am looking forward to it!

10/08/2006 01:16:00 PM  
Blogger Lemuel said...

So sad that there are "parasites" out there who have as their only goal to live off the good will and the accomplishments of others. Creative? nah! This has been going on as long as mankind has walked the earth. Same song, different verse.

10/08/2006 01:52:00 PM  
Blogger Timmy said...

((hugs!))

10/09/2006 06:51:00 AM  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Thank god there's nature to get away to. Go outside!

10/09/2006 07:28:00 AM  
Blogger خدمات منزلية said...

شركة كشف تسربات المياه بجدة
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالجبيل
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالاحساء

4/18/2019 04:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home