Friday, December 29, 2006

Resolution, New Year's Eve, Blogging

It's amazing that 2006 is almost over. Yes, I know, everyone is saying that. If everyone's saying it, then it must be true, right? ;) I'm not big on New Year's resolutions. I prefer to set my goals throughout the year and try to keep a consistent, sustainable cycle of self-improvement. This year, though, I'm going to start 2007 with a resolution to be more self-disciplined. I haven't been doing yoga like I wanted, I haven't been meditating (I barely got started), I haven't been focused when I'm at work. So for 2007, I want to make small changes in my attitude to help me accomplish my goals: to be more at peace in my mind, to be more productive and happier at work. Any New Year's resolutions for you for 2007? - Our plans for New Year's Eve are to stay at home and not get arrested for anything. We'll probably go out tonight (Friday), but New Year's Eve will be a quiet one for us. The police have been too active around here for our taste. Totalitarian. Anyone have plans for a New Year's blow-out? - Blogging has become a huge part of my life in 2006. I spend time each day reading, thinking about, and commenting on what other people write. I feel sad when one of you is down, and I'm uplifted when one of you is happy. My daily activities are all tinged with a question: "Would this make a good blog post?" I take more pictures in the hopes that one of them might be blogworthy. Yes, I am a blog addict, and that's the way I like it! ;) I want to truly thank everyone for being yourselves and for sharing your lives on your blogs. And I can't thank you enough for accepting me as a person. The people I've met through blogging have enriched my life and made me a happier person. The friends I've made are amazing people and I look forward to getting to know you all better in the coming year. For those of you I haven't met, I can only say I hope to meet you one day. You are all special people. Have a happy and safe New Year's everyone. *group hug*

17 Comments:

Blogger Timmy said...

Happy New Years to you Doug!

I have no resolutions to speak of.......not getting arrested sounds like a good one!

12/29/2006 10:29:00 AM  
Blogger KipEsquire said...

As a Wall Streeter, I'm still processing the just-discovered fact that I now have a four-day weekend, thanks to President Ford's Day of Mourning.

Talk about ambivalence! ;-)

12/29/2006 10:43:00 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

You my friend have enriched and made me happier.

Happy New year and I too hope to me you one day.

Joël

12/29/2006 11:20:00 AM  
Blogger r said...

I've said it before, but you're one of the sweetest bloggers out there.

What I love about this little blogging world is that there are people I would never meet normally, who have lives I get to peek into.

And, what happens is that everyone has something important to say or funny to share or interesting to read...

It's all good.

12/29/2006 12:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ick group hug.. I hate group hugs... How about a frim manly handshake?

12/29/2006 12:11:00 PM  
Blogger Spider said...

Who wouldn't want to accept two people as sweet, funny and cute as you and Chris... thank you for letting us into your lives - I am a much better person for having met you both this year... I hope to see a lot more of you all in 2007

12/29/2006 01:14:00 PM  
Blogger cola boy said...

Happy New Year to you, too. No big plans here. Probably watch the fireworks from one of the theme Parks and then rush home before they empty out.

12/29/2006 02:12:00 PM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

you are staying home so as not to be arrested?
dear me! has this happened before?
I must read your earlier entries!

12/29/2006 03:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww what A cool post. I do read your blog alot but don't really comment much , I am gonna make it a point to do that in the upcoming year. Hope you Chris have a great New year no matter how you spend it. Hope 2007 is happy and bright for the both of you !!

12/29/2006 06:30:00 PM  
Blogger Polt said...

I'm just going to a friends house for a small (like 6 people) get together. And yeah, not getting arrested tops my list of New Years eve to-do's as well.

Have a fun time!

HUGS...

12/29/2006 06:51:00 PM  
Blogger Mikey said...

Happy New Year!!! I am staying home as well!!! (But I will be naked hopefully lol)
Thanks for all your sharing this past year!
Hugs

12/29/2006 07:01:00 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

LOL~!! to Foxy Stone, above.

Prolly gonna stay home (as is normal for me), but with TheHusband out of town... one never knows. *giggles*

That's the best I can do, as today is a bad day for me.

I'm thinking about you, and that makes it better.

12/29/2006 08:05:00 PM  
Blogger Kalv1n said...

Aw, very sweet. Hopefully you're already out partying as I write this. And no plans for a new years blow out. Sorry to say.

12/29/2006 08:28:00 PM  
Blogger GayProf said...

Happy New Year's, my M&M dispensing friend!

12/29/2006 09:24:00 PM  
Blogger Rian said...

Happy New Year, or, like we Germans say, "Guter Rutsch!" (literally "Good slide", which means, "have a good slide into the new year").

I totally agree on the blog thing. Blogging and reading other blogs has become an important part of my life this year as well. You're one of the sweetest persons out there, thank YOU for letting us be a part of your life.

12/30/2006 06:16:00 AM  
Blogger tornwordo said...

I have similar aspirations for 07. And it's wonderful to see someone get bitten by the blog bug, like we all went through. It makes me feel all cozy.

12/30/2006 08:12:00 AM  
Blogger Lemuel said...

Good goals, o fellow addict! :)

I hope you have a great, non-arresting New Year!

12/30/2006 05:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home