Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Eyes on the weekend

Although we had a great day Sunday, I've been feeling a little anti-social the past couple of days, so I haven't written much. We watched the movie "Hoot" yesterday. It was a very cute, very inspiring film. If you're into environmental protection, or just want to see a fun feel-good movie about kids and owls, "Hoot" is a pretty good bet. The DVD extras were great, too, almost better than the movie itself. Yesterday evening I went to the used bookstore and bought "The Four Agreements" by don Miguel Ruiz. Ruiz has some interesting ideas about how to live a happy and free life. It is spiritual without being preachy, which I appreciated. One of my weak points is spirituality, so this wasn't too painful in that respect. It's a short book, and I finished it in a few hours. I have read reviews of this book that said it just rehashes other people's ideas, but most of it was new to me. I will be re-reading it in the near future. We're really looking forward to our trip to Orlando this weekend to meet Spider and some of the Orlando blogger gang. This will be our first time meeting blogger friends, so we're excited and a little nervous. Not sure what we're nervous about. It's not like they bite (well, maybe Spider does). I hope everyone's doing well. Hugs all around.

1 Comments:

Blogger tornwordo said...

Can't wait to hear about your blogger convention lol.

10/11/2006 06:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home