Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Eyes on the weekend

Although we had a great day Sunday, I've been feeling a little anti-social the past couple of days, so I haven't written much. We watched the movie "Hoot" yesterday. It was a very cute, very inspiring film. If you're into environmental protection, or just want to see a fun feel-good movie about kids and owls, "Hoot" is a pretty good bet. The DVD extras were great, too, almost better than the movie itself. Yesterday evening I went to the used bookstore and bought "The Four Agreements" by don Miguel Ruiz. Ruiz has some interesting ideas about how to live a happy and free life. It is spiritual without being preachy, which I appreciated. One of my weak points is spirituality, so this wasn't too painful in that respect. It's a short book, and I finished it in a few hours. I have read reviews of this book that said it just rehashes other people's ideas, but most of it was new to me. I will be re-reading it in the near future. We're really looking forward to our trip to Orlando this weekend to meet Spider and some of the Orlando blogger gang. This will be our first time meeting blogger friends, so we're excited and a little nervous. Not sure what we're nervous about. It's not like they bite (well, maybe Spider does). I hope everyone's doing well. Hugs all around.

8 Comments:

Blogger Mikey said...

Behave yourself in Orlando!!! That goes for you too Spider! Have a great time and enjoy yourselves. Spirituality is one of my weak subject too.
I swear the word verification keeps getting longer and longer

10/10/2006 11:20:00 PM  
Blogger Lemuel said...

Enjoy the weekend. Give greetings and hugs from me to Spider and others. Someday maybe, when the stars align, I'll be able to meet you and them all too as you will be doing this weekend. Enjoy! enjoy!

10/11/2006 06:54:00 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

I'm sure you'll have fun :)

10/11/2006 10:51:00 AM  
Blogger The Persian said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10/11/2006 12:23:00 PM  
Blogger The Persian said...

I am meeting a few bloggers in Boston on Sunday, none of which I know (they all know each other) and what's worse all alone! I am terribly shy as well, talk about nervous!

At least you are going together!

*hugs*
Have fun!

10/11/2006 12:25:00 PM  
Blogger Spider said...

Doug -we are ALL looking forward to meeting you! Don't be nervous -we are really a good group... and I don't bite (THAT cost $20.00 extra...)

Give me a call - you all have a safe trip up!

10/11/2006 01:26:00 PM  
Blogger GayProf said...

Have fun! It's kind of like you already know each other, anyway.

10/11/2006 03:03:00 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

I wish I could come to Orlando this weekend too! I will be stuck here while Chris goes to an amusement park. Sigh

10/11/2006 08:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home