Saturday, October 28, 2006

I'm Baaaaaack

I'm back home from my trip to the office. The main purpose of the trip was training. My first class was a 3-hour "Networking" class. The course would be better titled "Building Relationships" instead of networking. The proposed bottom line for building relationships is to be a better person and others will want to be in meaningful relationships with you. I learned a lot and I hope I can apply it and become a better person. My second class was a technical class that was dry compared to the networking class. I still learned a lot though. During my visit, I discovered (or re-discovered) my enjoyment of solving technical challenges. Also, I realized how disconnected I have become from my co-workers and my job as a whole. I hope I can retain my inspiration and put effort into staying more in touch with my career and the people I work with. The other purpose of the trip was to gather any last items from the condo that we're selling. I spent the night in the condo boxing things up and making sure everything was ready for the sale. It was a little sad staying there. We've had the condo for about 6 years, and we put a lot of effort into cleaning it up, and now we're selling it. I told Chris when I got home that I didn't want to make that mistake again, that I wanted to stop dreaming about where we're going to live next and start dreaming about how we're going to make our current location our permanent home. I think he agrees. Chris has had the flu since Thursday and he's still feeling bad, so we spent today inside watching TV and movies. We watched the end of the World Series (TIVO'ed from last night). The MVP of the World Series was David Eckstein, the short-stop for the Cardinals. When the commissioner of baseball, Bud Selig, presented the trophy to David, he mis-pronounced David's last name (Bud said "Eck-steen", not "Eck-styne"). I laughed out loud. How can the grand-poobah of baseball mispronounce the name of one of the best-known players in the game? What a dork. David also was awarded a Chevrolet Corvette, but instead of a red Corvette (the Cardinals' color is red), he got a yellow Corvette. Go figure. Then we watched Troy. It was kind of slow-moving, but I found it entertaining. The eye candy helped. Brad Pitt must have really worked out to bulk up for this movie. Either that or his arms and chest were digitally enhanced. The shittiest part of the movie was the fact that they altered the relationship between Achilles (Brad Pitt) and Patroclus. In the movie they're cousins, but the historical myth portrays them as lovers. I've heard that Brad Pitt is desperate for a gay role after the success of Brokeback Mountain. He had one right under his nose and let it slip by. Shame on him. ;) That's all I got for now. Hope y'all are having a good weekend! *hugs*

7 Comments:

Blogger Doug said...

I hope Chris is feeling better! I am back too. I hate the darkness. I don't have anything to say! I will have to give Troy a go!

10/28/2006 08:39:00 PM  
Blogger Lemuel said...

I loved Troy for the same reasons (eye candy), although I admit watching the plot for consistencies to the actual literature.

But mostly I was salivating over Pitt.

Have you seen Alexander (Director's cut)? The movie is rather hard to follow because it keeps jumping back and forth, but the handling of the gay theme is interesting and there is a bit of eye candy too. (Not as good as Pitt in Troy though.)

10/28/2006 09:15:00 PM  
Blogger Mikey said...

Welcome back! We missed ya. Hope Chris gets better soon! Sound like you had a busy couple of days!

10/28/2006 09:34:00 PM  
Blogger Spider said...

You know Exkstein is a Central Florida boy - grew up in Orlando and went to High School in Sanford...

Tell Chris I hope he is feeling better soon!

10/28/2006 10:09:00 PM  
Blogger r said...

sounds like you've had a lot going on the past few days/weeks. Sorry Chris is feeling blah, but glad you got a chance to slow down and veg a bit.

Still haven't seen Troy...

10/29/2006 02:21:00 PM  
Blogger kevin said...

Sounds like you have had a darn busy evening sorting out the condo. I hope that it's more or less done now andd i hope for your sake the sale is quick for you.

I hope that Chris is feeling much better. The flu can really take it out of you. I guess that it is that nasty time of year as the seasons change.

Have a great day and pleased you got something from your study. Its always good when you achieve something.

10/29/2006 07:23:00 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

Where is a personal computer Whiz when you need him. Are you for hire? HEHEHE!

Hope all is well. have a great Halloween.

10/30/2006 03:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home