Sunday, October 22, 2006

Work 2, Off 5?

Chris and I went to visit my dad in Sarasota for the weekend. We played some tennis, dad cooked steaks on the grill, and we watched the first game of the World Series. My dad is a life-long Cardinals fan, but I was born in Detroit, so we're rooting for different teams this year. On our way back from Sarasota, we took a detour through downtown Venice. One of our favorite restaurants is the Crow's Nest overlooking the Venice inlet. We had the patio overlooking the marina to ourselves for most of the afternoon. It was absolutely gorgeous outside, and we were very relaxed by the time we left. So now we're chillin' at home watching game 2 of the World Series. I swear we should have to work only 2 days a week and get 5 days off. The weekends seem to go by too quickly.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lemuel said...

And how do I get you appointed to whatever post you need to be appointed in order to have your platform of 2-on/5-off made a reality?

Weekends are WAY too short! WAY too short!

10/23/2006 07:00:00 AM  
Blogger Spider said...

When you run for office on that platform, I will vote for you!

Sounds like you all had a great weekend - glad to hear it!

10/23/2006 07:40:00 AM  
Blogger Timmy said...

where do I sign?

10/23/2006 09:52:00 AM  
Blogger Tony said...

I agree with you here. Hell, can we just all go on permanent vacation by winning the LOTTO!!!! Sounds as if you had a nice weekend. A little activity followed by some lazy chillin'.

10/23/2006 11:44:00 AM  
Blogger Mikey said...

mmmm baseball. I am not a big fan, but I will go for the 2 and 5!
My word verification is "Outey" lol

10/23/2006 05:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home