Friday, October 13, 2006

Important numbers

Funny how we seem to like nice, round numbers. 10, 100, a dozen, a score (20). We always seem to want to round up or down. Some important numbers don't fit this concept, though. 7 is one example. There are many, many meanings to the number 7, as shown on its Wikipedia page. 13 is another one of those non-round numbers that holds much meaning (and also has a Wikipedia page). Some people even have fears about this one. It's called triskaidekaphobia. Say that 10 (13?) times fast while eating crackers and peanut butter. The reason I mention numbers is two-fold. First, today is Friday the 13th, probably the only day in history to spawn 10 movies and a TV series. Now that's important. Second, and more importantly, this is my 69th post. Ahh, what a wonderful number. It brings to mind the ability to both give and receive, which is so important in life. After all, how can you receive love if you don't give it? How can you expect charity from others if you don't give of yourself to others? In this light, I would like to thank my blogger friends for all that you have given me. For the glimpses into your lives, and for the advice, support, or just a brief comment to say 'hi.' All these things mean a lot to me and I want you to know that I appreciate your presence. Although I wrote this post with tongue firmly planted in cheek, my thanks and appreciation are sincere. I hope that I can give back what I have received. Hugs to everyone. Have a great weekend!

11 Comments:

Blogger The Persian said...

Happy 69th Post!!

I liked this line...

"How can you expect charity from others if you don't give of yourself to others?"

Very true.

Hope you have a great weekend buddy :)

*hugs*

10/13/2006 03:25:00 PM  
Blogger Lemuel said...

So, Doug, you were blatantly 69'ing in this post! Doesn't anyone have any self control anymore?! LOL!

Congrats on the 69th! and may there be 69 * 69! You are always a great read!

HUGS bakacha!

10/13/2006 09:11:00 PM  
Blogger r said...

Right back at you buddy.

Have a good weekend.

10/13/2006 10:08:00 PM  
Blogger Mikey said...

Hugs back to you!!! Have a fab weekend...can't believe I just said "fab" you know what I mean!

10/14/2006 12:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just stopped by to say "HEY!!"

Had a great time at dinner tonight. I think TheHusband had more fun than he expected.

10/15/2006 12:26:00 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

triskaidekaphobia might be a mouthful, but a 69 is a REAL mouthful :)

Love you Doug.

10/15/2006 01:22:00 AM  
Blogger Tony said...

kgDoug..i t was nice to meet you and (C) this weekend at Pride.

Seems like 69 was your lucky number ALL weekend. LMAO.

10/16/2006 10:43:00 AM  
Blogger Timmy said...

YAY! You are now an established blogger

10/16/2006 12:27:00 PM  
Blogger GayProf said...

69 is also the symbol for Cancer the Crab, my Sun sign. I am not sayin', I am just sayin'.

10/16/2006 02:26:00 PM  
Blogger Spider said...

Gee - 69 just kept popping up all weekend didn't it! Hope you two made it back safely - I can not TELL YOU how great it was to get to meet you both - you two are the best and you made the weekend!

Remember, you have an open invitation at the cottage whenever - and I will start checking out the real estate ads!

10/16/2006 02:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

huge congrats on the 69!!! as for the numbers game, I've actually always loved both the number 7 and 13. I think it has something to do with "feeling different" when younger and recognizing that others wouldn't use or choose those numbers, so I would.

Whatever, I've always loved them.

As for reading and being read, you're in my top 5 favorite sites to read and I'm beyond flattered that you bother to even look at mine.

Much love & many more posts,
*christuttle*

10/19/2006 10:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home