Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Too Many Buts

I had a down day today. My job is a pit of inspiration-sucking despair, or rather, I let my job suck me into the abyss. I am contemplating alternatives, but....but but but...but enough about that. I want to make my job work for me. Hey! I said enough about that! Right. I worked out at 5:30pm today. The first time I worked my legs since I pulled my calf muscle. I couldn't really work my calves. I did some calf stretching, and that's about all I could do. I worked the rest of my legs with no problem, so I still got a good workout. I felt much better after the workout. The gym has become my monastery. I feel good after I spend time there. Maybe I'll become a personal trainer. After dinner, Chris and I settled onto the couch for some TV. Lo and behold, "The Producers" was on high-def. We'd never seen it, and frankly it wasn't high on my must-see list. I think I need to rewrite my list cuz I LOVED that movie! It was funny and cute and upbeat and it was just a fun movie. It was fun! I loved it. I had my laptop in my lap, but the screen blanked out from non-use. I was captivated. I was rivited. Thank gawd I could pause it (Tivo) because I had to pee so bad in the middle and didn't want to miss anything. I'm sure a lot of jokes went over my head, me being the non-cultured type, but I still loved it. (I need a seque here) I meditated last night, but tonight I'm too tired. As I write this, I've decided to try anyway. *breathe in* *breathe out* Okay, I'm back. I didn't meditate for very long, but it's better than nothing. I'm up past my bedtime. 'Night all!

13 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

Hey, he's alive!? But but but captivated by a cute fun movie!? lol

How are you?!

Things seem back to normal!?

Take care of that leg!?

1/04/2007 12:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take it slow on the leg, be patient it will come back. If you rush you may actually set yourself back.

I know I always feel better after my workout. I know about the 'orfins and such. I don't care. I just feel better.

I enjoyed The Producers, too. Sometimes we just need that.

1/04/2007 06:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck on the job... i tried keeping that attitude for five years and finally quit when it didn't work.

meditate! i do it every day. If nothing but to clear your head of your thoughts and get ready for a new day.

1/04/2007 09:30:00 AM  
Blogger TWISI said...

And I sat on my butt and ate Doritos... now I feel like a slug!

1/04/2007 09:31:00 AM  
Blogger Mikey said...

I just am learning to meditate. A strange concept to me. I will try anything to get my brain to slow down a little.
Any advise?

1/04/2007 09:43:00 AM  
Blogger Timmy said...

I will have to check that movie out! Thanks Doug!

1/04/2007 10:18:00 AM  
Blogger Pablo said...

OMFG! Simmer down!

For some reason, reading that...I imagined you being all hyped up and boucing off the walls. Maybe, you need a prescription for Ritalin. I think that's how it's spelled.

1/04/2007 11:22:00 AM  
Blogger cola boy said...

If you liked the movie, then try and see the Broadway Show sometime. It's even funnier.

1/04/2007 12:52:00 PM  
Blogger r said...

What's funny is that I saw a commercial for that movie today and thought it looked lame, lame, lame... but now you have my curiosity piqued.

Although, if I sit through Brokeback Mountain one more time-- it was on constantly (on HBO) during winter break.

I loved it the first time, but not at all hours of the day.

1/04/2007 09:34:00 PM  
Blogger jimmmij said...

I will need to get "The Producers" now. It was low on my list of must-see's too!
Sorry about the job suckin! I can relate, unfortunately!
Take care & remember your breathing!!!

1/04/2007 10:32:00 PM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

meditation is like working out; takes time and effort to develop it into something well; so keep trying.

1/04/2007 11:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the job suckiness is going around right now . They should invent a vacine for it . The Producers!! LOVED IT too. even if Nathan Lane was a bit much. However I think that's why I love him. To this day when ever I am in a bad mood I slip in Birdcage and laugh myself silly.

1/04/2007 11:29:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Yes, I would agree that they did a great job on the movie (but Uma? c'mon).

And take it easy on your calves and you be having your legs behind your head again in no time.

1/05/2007 08:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home