Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Halloween Meme

Doug took my blogger-tag virginity and tagged me with this meme. I hope it was as good for him as it was for me. ;) 1. What's the scariest movie you've ever seen? The Shining. I saw this in college, and they played "The Postman Always Rings Twice" and "The Shining" in a Jack Nicholson double-feature. "The Shining" ended at midnight, and I walked home through uptown New Orleans. I was so scared, I walked in the middle of the street because I couldn't see into the shadows near the sidewalks. 2. What was your favorite Halloween Costume from childhood? When I was about 6, my mom made me a devil costume, all red fabric with a red hood with horns and a stuffed tail. 3. If you had an unlimited budget, what would your Fantasy Costume be for this Halloween? A real Scottish kilt with all the accessories. 4. When was the last time you went Trick Or Treating? Hmmm....must be middle school? Early 80's. 5. What's your favorite Halloween Candy? Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. 6. Tell us about a scary nightmare you had. I have a recurring nightmare that I get right before I get the flu or strep throat. It involves a giant ceiling fan, and I'm standing on the top of the main body of the fan, and the blades are spinning very fast, and there's a terrible wind. Then I wake up the next morning with a sore throat and body aches. I've had this dream about a half-dozen times in my life. 7. What is your Supernatural Fear? I'm not sure I have one. I have very little belief in the supernatural, so I'm able to rationalize away most of my fears. 8. What is your Creepy-Crawlie Fear? It's not so much a creey-crawlie, but a buzzing-flying: wasps, bees, hornets, and anything that looks like it might sting me. I'm never so ashamed as after a post-wasp freak-out. 9. Tell us about a time when you saw a ghost, or heard something go Bump in the night. I never have, but I would like to (see next question). 10. Would you ever stay in a real Haunted House overnight? Absolutely. I would love to meet a ghost and see what s/he is all about. 11. Are you a traditionalist (just a face) Jack O'Lantern Carver, or do you get really creative with your pumpkins? I'm not a very originally creative person, so I stick to the basics with my JoL's. 12. How much do you decorate your home for Halloween? Not at all. Although I love the history and legends behind Halloween, I hate the marketing and hype surrounding the holiday (and most other holidays, too). 13. What do you want on your Tombstone? "I'm here, I'm queer, I'm dead." Ok, maybe not.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

can I look up your kilt?

10/11/2006 11:20:00 PM  
Blogger Mikey said...

The kilt is an idea for HNT...#8 I would like to see

10/11/2006 11:52:00 PM  
Blogger GayProf said...

You need to work on your tombstone.

Shouldn't you be passing me an M&M about now? ahem

10/12/2006 12:23:00 AM  
Blogger r said...

Oh man, it was The Shining for me too. Actually it was the book. I would only read it during the daytime because it was so scary. The day I finished it, I read it at night, and later, around two in the morning, had the worst nightmare of my life.

We're talking crawling on the ground, legs not working, sheer terror.

And, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are my favorite too.

10/12/2006 01:32:00 AM  
Blogger Spider said...

Now you want to see "bee freek" - go over to Sorteds place and ask him about HIS bee freeks...

10/12/2006 06:53:00 AM  
Blogger joey said...

I have to remember to be careful when reading blogs at work. Everyone came to my cube to see what I was laughing so hard about.

"I'm here, I'm queer, I'm dead. Ok, maybe not."

Priceless.

10/12/2006 05:53:00 PM  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Reese's mmmmmmm. The Shining, great flick for heart palpitations, lol.

10/13/2006 07:18:00 AM  
Blogger Mo and The Purries said...

This was cool -- I love coming across a meme I created on a blog I've never been to before!
Great answers!
I'll add you to my "monsters who completed my meme list" at

It’s A Blog Eat Blog World

thanks ~ Morgen

10/18/2006 04:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home