Saturday, November 18, 2006

Passion

The condo finally sold after a 2-day delay and some extra confusion on the last day. Yaaay! So much relief. We celebrated by doing nothing. We sat on our asses, played Warcraft, and watched TV. It was nice to just relax. It's funny, whenever anyone asks me, "What would you do if you won the lottery?" I respond: "Sleep." There was a John Mayer concert on DirectTV this evening, and it was really neat to watch him sing and play his guitar. He really gets into his music. He has a lot of passion and it shows. His obvious passion for music reminded me that I'm still searching for my passion. Anyone seen it? Its last known location was north-northwest-southeast, wearing a tan trenchcoat, a green floppy hat, and Birkenstock sandals. It responds to the name, "Hey! Get off your ass and do something with your life you lazy bum!" No, seriously, how does one find one's passion? It certainly ain't what I'm doing now.

11 Comments:

Blogger joey said...

If you figure it out let me know. I'm feeling the same way these days. I always think if I have more time I'd find it. But daily responsibilities of life are always getting in the way.

11/18/2006 07:27:00 AM  
Blogger Lemuel said...

I'm out of the loop again. Sorry, I'm not familiar with John Mayer. I'll need to look him up.

I think seaching for one's passion is a lifelong quest.

11/18/2006 08:03:00 AM  
Blogger Mikey said...

Passions change as we change...that is the fun part. I find that if I try to limit it to one, it in turns limits me. Instead of having one huge passion, have lots of brief ones, you gain more experience that way.

11/18/2006 11:13:00 AM  
Blogger Polt said...

If you find your passion, let me know. I think mine high-tailed it with yours and they're on the run together!

HUGS...

11/18/2006 11:05:00 PM  
Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

I don't have a problem with knowing what I love. It's getting it to love me back that's the killer.

11/19/2006 12:05:00 AM  
Blogger kevin said...

The idea of sleep is always good, but try and win the lottery anyway!

Kev in NZ

11/19/2006 02:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

passion is like a lil bunny, you have to wait and let it come up to you. searching for it just makes it run further away.

11/19/2006 08:58:00 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

Sometimes I think I have found my passion (being a librarian) but on other days... It is hard to try and find what you really want to do sometimes. I don't have any answers but keep looking! It might suprise you!

11/19/2006 11:30:00 AM  
Blogger Spider said...

I don't think you find your passion - I think it finds you... I think mine is out with yours having a beer and wings...

How was the festival,I am SO SORRY I couldn't make it over - please invite me again!

11/19/2006 01:29:00 PM  
Blogger The Persian said...

I agree with Spider, it definitely finds you and takes over. I am passionate about many things, especially Genealogy & History, oh well I guess Music as well. The list could go on and on.

You can't find or make passion, it just appears when you find something which you love.

:)

11/20/2006 06:25:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

I've found my passion. Unfortunately it doesn't pay enough, so I have my day job as well.

And sexually ... I'm always passionate.

11/20/2006 09:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home