Saturday, November 04, 2006

Miss Elainey

I've been doing a lot more blog reading than blog writing of late. My moods have been good for the past couple days. I did start doing a detailed mood journal. I've got 2 days of data so far. I hope I can keep doing it. I will let you know how it goes. Not much is going on. We were planning to go boating today, but some lady named Gale is out there blowing as hard as she can. No way we're going out on the water. Last night I bought a new LCD monitor for work. It's a Samsung 204BW, 20" widescreen, $350 at CompUSA. It is sweet. It'll make work a lot easier, and more fun. (Did I just say that?) Now I gotta build a little stand for it, cuz my laptop docking station is one of those without a monitor stand. New monitor In other news, we ordered a sofa in July, and we got a call this morning telling us it will be delivered on Friday. When we ordered it, they said 8-12 weeks. It actually took 14 weeks. Something about the whole country of Italy taking the month of August off. Why can't they build these damn things here? Americans only get 2 weeks of vacation a year. We'd have had our sofa months ago. Of course, it would have collapsed within a week because Americans are overworked and stressed out to do a good job, but at least we would have had it. ;) Hope y'all have a great weekend. *hugs*

9 Comments:

Blogger Polt said...

Congrats on the new monitor. And the sofa, once it gets there. We'll get new photos of that too, right? :)

HUGS...

11/04/2006 11:04:00 AM  
Blogger Spider said...

New montior - SWEET! Like polt said - there are pics of the new sofa coming also - maybe an HNT on the new sofa? (hint, hint, hint...)

11/04/2006 11:21:00 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

LCD monitors make me hot :)

11/04/2006 01:25:00 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

That is a cool looking monitor. I hope you enjoy the couch! You will have to post a picture...

11/04/2006 04:24:00 PM  
Blogger Mikey said...

Have a great weekend too!!! Lovin the new monitor!

11/04/2006 05:14:00 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

You are right about Americans being overworked, and also, I know several Italians, and I do believe they get the whole month of August off. I have never seen a stressed out, overweight Italian, and I met about 200 last year at a company I worked for. They are so relaxed! Check out my blog for some great links!

11/04/2006 09:21:00 PM  
Blogger kevin said...

Doug,
I love the look of the new monitor. I hope it doesnt cause to much fun!

!4 weeks for delivery of a new sofa is not right. Make sure you ask for a discount to compensate for your wait. Im sure they will give you some kind of discount.

Hugs
Kev in New Zealand.

11/04/2006 11:34:00 PM  
Blogger Lemuel said...

Nice monitor! I always suspect that yours was bigger than mine. **EG**

11/06/2006 06:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the monitor! One of the things I love about my job is getting to buy all the computers and equipment! So much fun. Making it even better is that we recently received a large tech grant... so it's like I get to go Christmas shopping for my self with someone else's money! Hott!

As for the sofa... delivered from ITALY? Crazy!

11/08/2006 07:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home