Sunday, November 05, 2006

Sunday Thoughts

A pair of Jehovah's witnesses came up the steps as Chris was making coffee this morning. He was naked, and he ran back into the bedroom to put on some shorts. I was a little disappointed Chris didn't answer the door naked, or at least call me out to speak with them (I was still in bed and also naked). I would have given them the full monty in a heartbeat. Today we decided to check out "Taste of the Town" in downtown Fort Myers. They advertised 3 stages, food from local restaurants, and a lot of people. We'd never been, so we didn't know what to expect. It turned out to be a half-decent event, though not for the supposed purpose of the event. The bands were excellent, the people watching was fantastic, but the food left a lot to be desired. It was expensive, and the food was either cold or stale. Next year, we'll bring chairs with us and go with a group of people and just camp out, people watch, listen to the music, and eat before we go. lol After we got back from TotT, I built a little monitor stand for my new monitor. I still have to paint it, so I'll take a picture of it once it's all done. We finished the day playing World of Warcraft. We hadn't played in a few months, but we picked up where we left off and did pretty well. It's a fun game, but it can easily eat up all your time if you're not careful. We're looking forward to the election. It will be encouraging to exercise our rights, and it will be a relief to be done with all the campaigns. Eventually this country will figure out how to do elections in a civilized manner. I can't imagine how many trees were sacrificed to make the bazillion campaign signs that are blanketing the country, and it's sick to think about all the money that was spent on campaign ads. How many people could we feed with that money?

7 Comments:

Blogger Larry said...

While I've never played World of Warcraft, my time with City of Heroes proved that online games can consume you completely if you aren't careful. I remember resenting having to stop and eat. That's hardcore.

These days I tend to stick to single player games. Right now I'm playing the new Dawn of War Game (Dark Crusade).

But I'm not playing it naked in the event the JW's ring my bell :)

11/06/2006 12:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mormons are cuter and a lot more polite. Sounds like a fun weekend.

11/06/2006 01:24:00 AM  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Tott is usually a rip-off. But the people watching is good as you said.

11/06/2006 06:35:00 AM  
Blogger Lemuel said...

I love to people watch!

As for appearing naked to answers the door for the JW's, you anc Chris could have sent them into total apoplexy by answering it together naked and arm in arm. ( I can even think of an even more extreme manner, but I think I can leave that up to your imagination.)

11/06/2006 06:36:00 AM  
Blogger Spider said...

"How many people could we feed with that money?"

How many indeed Doug... what a wonderful thought...

11/06/2006 07:56:00 AM  
Blogger Timmy said...

I am throwing my vote away to the independants. To hell with both REPS AND DEMS! TO HELL I SAY!

11/06/2006 09:28:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Note to self: pretend to be a Jehovah's Witness and ring your doorbell early Sunday morning ...

11/06/2006 02:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home