Friday, January 12, 2007

We the People

Kendall had a couple great posts about Mr. Bush's recent speech and the situation in Iraq. Please read his posts. I never could watch Mr. Bush speak without getting nauseous. This week was no exception. Instead of just sitting here feeling my intestines twist into knots, however, this time I'm doing something about it. I've sent a short email to my representative and senators telling them to do everything in their power to prevent Mr. Bush from sending more troops to Iraq. Kendall was good enough to include the links on his website, and I am doing the same. As Kendall said, if you don't know who your congressmen are, the websites will help you find them. House of Representatives Senate Make your voice heard, no matter what you believe.

6 Comments:

Blogger TWISI said...

Thanks Doug! If we don't begin to stand up for ourselves no one else is going to do it!

1/12/2007 12:40:00 PM  
Blogger Mikey said...

I ca not do that cause I live in another country, but I have recently sent a letter to my representative about Canada/US relations.

1/12/2007 07:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post, Doug! I had written to my reps the first thing Thursday morning. And as you and Kendall point out, it is one of the best things we can do: tell our reps where we stand and hold their feet to the fire until they do our will. After all, they work for US, not the other way around! And we can "fire" them in the next election! We did that in PA with our state house and judges over the last two years and we did it with Tricky Ricky. All of them were left standing with their heads spinning when they realized that the people meant what they said.

1/12/2007 07:46:00 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

Doug...I so have to stay out of politics. Not my forte! I tend to keep things simple in this area.

1/13/2007 02:40:00 AM  
Blogger Indigo said...

Heaing Bush explain that we need more troops in Iraq is a lot like hearing that the reason why the Titanic sunk was that it didn't have enough passengers.

1/15/2007 10:21:00 AM  
Blogger Indigo said...

Heaing Bush explain that we need more troops in Iraq is a lot like hearing that the reason why the Titanic sunk was that it didn't have enough passengers.

1/15/2007 10:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home