Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Better Than Group Therapy

I must say that everyone's responses to my Saturday morning post were better than group therapy. It really helped to know that you were all there, and I got so much input and so many different perspectives on the situation. I can't express how much I appreciate you. I wrote my little post on a whim when I awoke Saturday. I'd had a shitty week, the first full week after the holidays. Everyone around me (at work) was busy getting back into the swing of things, while I couldn't seem to find the energy even to walk onto the playground. I'm going through on an ongoing search for a fulfilling career, treading water at my current position until something else inspires me. Maybe it's the work, maybe it's the people, or maybe it's the environment. Maybe it's a little of everything or something else entirely. In any case, that's what brought on my little attack. I'll be posting some (hopefully) more interesting things this week. We finally got our living room arranged the way we like it, and over the holidays we finished the lattice on the house. I'll be posting about those events (with pictures). We had an awesome day this past Sunday, and that deserves a separate post all its own. Thanks again everyone for your help and friendship. Big hugs!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Group hug! Group hug!

Really glad things look up!

1/16/2007 01:02:00 PM  
Blogger Spider said...

Cumbaya dude - that is what friends are for Doug! Can't wait to see the pictures of the house and all the work - and am looking forward to hearing all about Sunday!

1/16/2007 01:10:00 PM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

nothing like an anxiety matter to get out the friends and support. glad it helped you.

1/16/2007 09:34:00 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Thanks so much.

An offhand comment by moi sparks a post for you, but you wrote it "on a whim".

I get no credit in life.

*kisses*

1/16/2007 09:42:00 PM  
Blogger Rian said...

I was taking a break from blogging and reading other blogs, but I know how good it feels when you realize there are people out there that care.

So many things that you post about sound very familiar to me. The post from Saturday included. I think I understand quite well how you feel--maybe not, but that's what I think.

On the other hand, your comments on my posts mean a lot for me, because of the above. Thank you very much, and I'm glad you're feeling better again!

Big hugs to you!

1/17/2007 10:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nothing feels better in the world than being heard and having that concern reflected back.

1/18/2007 12:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home