Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Details

The tennis club we joined a couple months ago just doubled their lesson rates. We used to be able to afford to take lessons every week, but now we'll have to cut that to twice a month, maybe less. We're thinking of not doing any lessons in protest of the obvious greed they're demonstrating. I'm pissed about it and had a nice rant to post, but I thought better of it. I'd rather save space in my jar for real golf balls. This is just a grain of sand. So, instead of a rant, I'm going to post the first 20 items on my evolving list of "100 details." I have enjoyed many other people's lists, and hope you will enjoy mine. I don't have all 100 yet, so I'm going to post them in groups of 10 as I can. So, without further ado...
  1. I have long red hair.
  2. I hated my hair when I was growing up. Now I love it.
  3. A girl in middle school once told me I was the ugliest person she knew.
  4. I do not believe in any kind of supreme being.
  5. I prefer things to be as simple as possible. They usually aren't.
  6. I am into nutritional supplements, maybe too much.
  7. I believe in organic food.
  8. I believe the idea of America is good. It's the execution that's failed.
  9. I react poorly to authority. Especially stupid authority.
  10. I no longer drink alcohol. I used to drink too much.
  11. I love beer. Now I drink non-alcoholic beer.
  12. I believe marijuana is not nearly as harmful as cigarettes or alcohol. It may actually have some benefits. I'm just too chicken-shit to use it.
  13. I buy hemp clothing because I think hemp is good for the planet.
  14. I drive a diesel VW Golf. I get 40 mpg (17 km/l).
  15. I twitch when I sleep.
  16. I don't have any major allergies that I know of.
  17. When I was 14 years old, I was hit by a car and had brain surgery to fix a subdural hematoma.
  18. I went to Tulane University in New Orleans.
  19. I got a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science in the standard 4 years.
  20. I nearly drank myself out of both my freshman and sophomore years of college.

7 Comments:

Blogger The Persian said...

wow I loved that list! Long red hair? yum! Glad to see u kicked the alcohol thing, I'm working on it.

:)

9/19/2006 06:05:00 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Interesting. I can't wait to see where the list is headed! I drank a lot in college, too. Mostly by myself, alone in my dorm room, playing maudlin music. It really wasn't good. Now I sometimes have one or two cocktails and that is about it. Glad you recovered from your accident!!

9/19/2006 06:58:00 PM  
Blogger Spider said...

I love the 100 lists - I just have to give you fair warning - and anyone in blogland who knows me can attest to this - I have a MAJOR LEAGUE THING for red heads...

You have been warned...

9/19/2006 10:25:00 PM  
Blogger r said...

I have quite a soft spot for redheads too. Em, a friend of Tornwordo's and mine,and a true redhead, says those of us that aren't, don't understand what it means to go through life with it.

I never get tired of the list of 100 things.

9/20/2006 12:36:00 AM  
Blogger Timmy said...

"I believe in organic food"

I have not read that scripture. Is it better than Christianity?

9/20/2006 09:04:00 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

Persian: thanks for the 'yum!' Hehe. I quit alcohol primarily for mental and emotional reasons. Some people do just fine with it. I just never could.

Doug: I'm not sure where it's headed. ;)

Spider: thanks for the warning. I guess if we meet for Gay Pride in Orlando I'd better be prepared. Lol

Becky: can I call you Becky? Believe it or not, I hadn't ever thought of it that way. A lot of my insecurity probably stems from the way I was treated as a kid. I was the way I was, and the rest of the kids judged me based on my difference.

Timmy: Lol! Um, yes, probably because people don't kill, persecute, exclude, judge, or otherwise degrade one another over organic food. At least, not that I know of.

9/20/2006 10:44:00 AM  
Blogger Lemuel said...

Good list. I look forward to your sharing more. I join the others in celebrating your decision to moderate the alcohol consumption. Since I am catching up with you late, I have the advantage of coordinating the list with you HNT pic. O yeah, Spider would have some competition! :)

9/21/2006 11:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home