Monday, September 18, 2006

Weekend Retrospective

We had a great weekend. Friends from Punta Gorda came down on Saturday for lunch, and we ate at a local restaurant overlooking the water. On Sunday, Peter and Jake from central Florida came down and we gave them a tour of the area. We had dinner at our favorite local Mexican place. It was a great getting-together-with-friends weekend. We started work on the lattice on the front of our house. It's looking good so far, and I think it will be exactly what we wanted. I also started writing a self-talk script for myself. Self-talk isn't new to me, but I haven't put forth the effort to actually write a script. If anyone has some self-talk that works for them, or is interested in self-talk, let me know. I'd be interested in hearing some other opinions. Back to work again today, and not feeling so down as I have before. I think interaction with people gives me a little more optimism, and I'm feeling it today.

5 Comments:

Blogger Spider said...

Self-talk is a wonderful thing - I do it on a daily basis - would love to hear more about how you use it and your script...

9/18/2006 05:05:00 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

You don't want to hear my self talk. It's all about what a goof I really am. Sigh. I just need to be nicer to myself!

9/18/2006 07:17:00 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Spider: so far, I'm writing affirmations like "I am able to express myself and my rights without violating the rights of others." Then I re-read them every day. I hope to record myself speaking them, and then I can listen to them while reading or doing other things.

Y'know, Stuart Smalley was funny when I saw him on Saturday Night Live, but he gave self-talk a bad name. I think this stuff really works, even though it seems kinda hokey.

Doug: you need to be your own best friend. Think about it this way: if Chris came to you with a story about something he did, you'd probably be very forgiving and supportive, right? Why treat yourself any differently?

9/18/2006 10:52:00 PM  
Blogger Timmy said...

it works!

glad to hear you are feeling better! keep it up!

9/19/2006 08:25:00 AM  
Blogger GayProf said...

Shouldn't you be busy feeding me M&Ms about now? *Ahem*

9/19/2006 10:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home